Search Here

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Sick Weekend



I hope everyone's weekends went well.  Mine was not fun or very eventful.  The boyfriend was on call all weekend which means no drinking or going anywhere too far, and on top of that, we were both sick! 

Friday night I came home from pole pretty tired, boyfriend got called out, I read and fell asleep.  There goes my Friday night!

Saturday I got out of bed and went out to lunch with my roommate and her friend, which was full of laughs, but I still didn't feel well.  Boyfriend and I went out to dinner that night, but then he had to go back to work and I feel asleep reading almost immediately. 

Sunday was awful.  Both the boyfriend and I were sick, and I tried my hardest to make him feel better.  It didn't work; he stayed home from work today :(

On a brighter note, I got over my fear of going sideways on Friday!  During my first pole class I couldn't even attempt a move called 'The Craddle,' but Friday night I held my breath, closed my eyes and went for it! Ohhhh yeahhh.  Not so pretty, but I did it!  I also ended up being able to do a 'Venus' from 'The Craddle.'  Woot Woot!!!!!

Since I still haven't been able to figure out a way to post video, I will post [hilarious] screen shots of the videos.  Let me say, they are NOT flattering, but I have decided that I am posting them anyways.  Overtime, I will post more pics/videos and I hope we will all see how far I've come.

The photos in the black tank are from class number one [May 29, 2013].
The photos in the blue tank are from class number two [May 31, 2013].


First Class: Fireman

First Class: Sit and Spin, Wheeee!


First Class: Hilarious Face, Sit and Spin into Fireman



First Class: Beyond Happy, Forward Facing Goddess

Second Class: Split Grip


Second Class: The Craddle, attempt 1
 

Second Class: The Craddle, attempt 2- getting better!!


Second Class: The Craddle into Venus! I'm Sideways!
<3 Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Lauren

My photo
Wisconsin, United States
I created this blog to track my life. After graduating college with a B.S. in Food Science, I moved half way across the country for a job. Life has really changed since college, I'd say for the better. I have taken up some new hobbies and I'd like to bring you along on my journey as I learn and struggle through it all. Please feel free to contact me [everydaylaurenblog@gmail.com] with comments, jokes, pictures, really whatever you want to share with me. Enjoy!