Search Here

Monday, July 8, 2013

Long Weekend, Juice Cleanse Fail

Hello everyone!  Sorry about my dissapearance over the last week/weekend.  I seem to get a little distracted when holidays roll around.  I ended up making food for a cookout and completely disregarded the juice cleanse, went to a parade, a beer tent, read an entire book....   Here is what I started to write to all of you, and then forgot to post it...whoops!!! And trust me, you don't really want to see pics of the juice.  It was just awful.  Awful looking and tasting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay Gross


Yeahhhhh I have decided that juice cleanse is not for me. I like vegetables, but not their juice. I need to figure out a way to make the juice a little tastier.

I am going to develop my own cleanse :)

For now, let's just stick to healthy eating. I'm much happier that way. I seriously couldn't stomach the idea of drinking more juice today.


Here are some pros and cons of yesterday.

Pros

I definitely got plenty of vitamins.
I am full of energy today.
I realized that I could do a juice cleanse if I was in the right mindset [and it tasted better than that crap].
I would like to make my own juice more often.
I consumed four apples, three cucumbers, three tomatoes, three carrots, two stalks of celery, an orange pepper, and three lemons.

Cons

I felt like I was going to vomit every hour.
Tomato juice is not my friend, even combined with other ingredients.
I really don't like celery, in any form.
I didn't finish the cleanse, therefore, my insides aren't the cleanest?
 
I really can't think of anything tooooooo bad about the cleanse IF you can stomach the juice.
I was allowed to eat protein at night with some sort of veggie. I had a chicken breast and some greens. When I was hungry during the day, I drank green tea. See?! Not so bad.
If you want to attempt this cleanse, head over the The Skinny Confidential. If you would rather not, and just take my attempt as a sign that it isn't right for you, I understand completely. It was gross.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is when I forgot to publish...my bad everyone!

Buttt about my weekend. 

I bought some pretty flowers!



On the 4th, the boyfriend and I ended up going to the parade like two houses down from where we live, and to the park down the street to see fireworks.  Not nearly as exciting as it is when I was a kid.  I was really disappointed in them, and we left like ten minutes before they were over.  I LOVED the parade though.  I seriously tear up when I see old veterans waving a flag and smiling.

Not as exciting as I wanted


Note: Wear sunglasses while watching so no one sees you cry at the old men waving flags.


We went to a beer tent on Friday night with a bunch of friends and then ended up on one of our friend's boats Saturday afternoon with some cute doggies!

Barret and I! Neither of us liked the icky lake water, but it was GORGEOUS out.


I also read an entire book called Thirteen Reasons Why.  It was super sad, but an easy read.  Nice for a Sunday!

All in all, a good long weekend.  Happy belated 4th everyone!!!
xoxo Lauren

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I could ever do a cleanse! I love food too much :)
    I love your honesty about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my boyfriend would have killed me by night two. All I was doing was complaining. Maybe I just need to get a better attitude about it...I love food WAY too much too. :)

      Delete

About Lauren

My photo
Wisconsin, United States
I created this blog to track my life. After graduating college with a B.S. in Food Science, I moved half way across the country for a job. Life has really changed since college, I'd say for the better. I have taken up some new hobbies and I'd like to bring you along on my journey as I learn and struggle through it all. Please feel free to contact me [everydaylaurenblog@gmail.com] with comments, jokes, pictures, really whatever you want to share with me. Enjoy!