Search Here

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tastes Like Heaven - Energy Balls

These are super delicious, healthy, you'll-want-to-shove-your-face-in-them-good energy balls!
I know I hadn't shared a recipe in a while so here goes it.
 

No-Bake Energy Bites [I like saying Balls better :p]

1 cup oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
 
Combine all ingredients and mush with hands.
Form into balls.

Pinterest: I tried clicking it for the website to cite it properly but got nothin!
 
Okay so this recipe is super versatile.
I generally use steal cut oats, but you could play around.
I have used natural peanut butter, or normal every day Skippy PB.
You could use any type of nut butter instead of PB. 
I have used dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chocolate chips, raisins, craisins, etc.
You could even add in some coconut flakes.
I have left out the vanilla and it was fine.
 
The oats keep me super full.
The chocolate chips and nut butter help satisfy my sweet tooth.
If you use dark chocolate you got some antioxidants in there.
Flaxseed contains fiber and omega-3s.
Honey is a great sweetener for those who are scared of "processed" foods [note: I am not one of those people. I work in the food industry in regulation....and know all the secret truths about everything ;)]

XO Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Lauren

My photo
Wisconsin, United States
I created this blog to track my life. After graduating college with a B.S. in Food Science, I moved half way across the country for a job. Life has really changed since college, I'd say for the better. I have taken up some new hobbies and I'd like to bring you along on my journey as I learn and struggle through it all. Please feel free to contact me [everydaylaurenblog@gmail.com] with comments, jokes, pictures, really whatever you want to share with me. Enjoy!