Search Here

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Eating Less While Getting More

Hellooooo!  I wanted to show a snapshot of what I eat in a day here it goes:

 
6:00 am: English Muffin w/ Butter
 
 
10:00 am:  Nuts and Dried Cranberries
 
 
 
12:00 pm:  8 oz Naked Green Machine, 5.3 oz Greek Yogurt
 
 
 
2:00 pm:  Carrots and Hummus
 
 
 
4:00 pm:  Apple
 
 
 
6:00 pm: Chicken and Sweet Potato Fries

 
 
 
I was shocked when I started eating a little healthier how little my body needs.  Instead of eating just as much as the boyfriend, I have learned the amount of fuel I need compared to him.  Before I was shoving an entire sandwhich down my throat after already having a bagel w/ cream cheese in the morning and continuing my binge with pasta for dinner; now I can barely finish my juice and yogurt at lunch.  The last pic shows a chicken breast and a sweet potato.  I seriously only ate half of each and was completely stuffed!
 
I am by no means trying to starve myself, I have just begun to realize when I am full I have to stop, and that I need to look for more whole nutritious foods than just what I am craving at the moment [cheese curds, nachos, taquitos from the gas station- yep, they get me every time].
 
It is honestly amazing how much more energy I have.  I am obviously getting more out of the new and improved menu than the old 'eat whatever I want' menu.  I used to groan getting out of bed, have a headache by the time I got to work, a stomach ache by 3:00 pm, and when I got home I would crash on the couch and feel like death.  Now I wake up at 5:45 am refreshed, clear minded, and ready to crush the day.  I can sit at work and focus better, and I look forward to my hour or two workout at night.  Althought I still crash on the couch when I get home, I don't feel like death.  I usually want to keep going but know I shouldn't :p
 
 
Whatcha think about that?
<3 Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Lauren

My photo
Wisconsin, United States
I created this blog to track my life. After graduating college with a B.S. in Food Science, I moved half way across the country for a job. Life has really changed since college, I'd say for the better. I have taken up some new hobbies and I'd like to bring you along on my journey as I learn and struggle through it all. Please feel free to contact me [everydaylaurenblog@gmail.com] with comments, jokes, pictures, really whatever you want to share with me. Enjoy!