Search Here

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pole On The Way and Progress vs Perfection

OMG guess what!!!!
I ordered my pole yesterday.
I am so beyond excited to play on it...I'm about to burst!
 
Remember this? I miss it so much!

I have been thinking a lot lately about the difference between progress and perfection.
When I started working out, I really just wanted the most beautiful body in the world.  I was going to look like a model after every workout.  I would come home after an hour at the gym and lift up my shirt and be so disappointed.  The love handles and pooch hadn't been replaced with rock hard abs.

If progress was perfection I would have been so happy.

I think this is the reason people have such roller coaster diets and fitness routines. 
If you expect perfection, the amazing progress you have made will be blurred by disappointment.  If you expect perfection, you won't be happy.  If you expect perfection, you will never get there.

Let's be happy about the little accomplishments.  Soon, they will add up to your biggest dreams.
You will no longer want to be perfect; no one's perfect. You'll be happy being you.


Moral of the story: Work for progress, there is no such thing as perfection.
Now go sweat, make progress, and feel sexy.

XO Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Lauren

My photo
Wisconsin, United States
I created this blog to track my life. After graduating college with a B.S. in Food Science, I moved half way across the country for a job. Life has really changed since college, I'd say for the better. I have taken up some new hobbies and I'd like to bring you along on my journey as I learn and struggle through it all. Please feel free to contact me [everydaylaurenblog@gmail.com] with comments, jokes, pictures, really whatever you want to share with me. Enjoy!