Search Here

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hey There! Welcome!



Welcome to my blog, I'm Lauren!  My first post should probably be all about me, but I am just going to jump in because I want to tell everyone about how much fun I had yesterday!  You will get to know me as you read :)
 
Yesterday I started POLE FITNESS at Pole Chicks in Rockford, IL.
 
I guess one of the first questions might be why? Why pole? Well I guess I have been inspired by my best friend, from my hometown, Amanda.  Amanda started her own blog, Inspired, at the end of 2011.  She has posted about inspiring, inspiring stories, and even some inspiring recipes :) mmmmmm nom.  She begin pole dancing in October 2012 and has become an AMAZINGGGGG pole dancer/ teacher already!!  She is super fit, health conscious, in shape and is one of my biggest heros/inspiration. 

Another reason I decided to try, is because going to the gym was getting super repetative.  I do love going to the gym, especially with my boyfriend who pushes me to my limits and laughs with me when I fail miserably, but doing the same thing over and over gets boring.  And the last reason- I miss performing. 

I went to my first dance recital to watch my sister strut her stuff on stage when I was four [I think].  That's when I knew I would become a dancer when I grew up.  Sadly, that didn't happen.  I actually was forced to quit and get a "real" career when I went to college.  Don't get me wrong, I love the food industry, but I had dance in my life ever since I was four and then I had to quit cold turkey.  Anyways, I miss performing....and I am super out of shape, and now I strangely get super nervous talking or doing things in front of people [which needs to stop].

I finally took the [one of the] first steps to being a happier, healthier me.  I have been stalking Pole Chick's monthly deals on their website since the end of last year.  I knew I didn't want to pay for a super expensive monthly rate if there was a possibility I would hate it.  I'd say I waited until the right moment.  $25.00 for unlimited monthly pole classes and yoga on Tuesdays! Yippeeeeee!

So, yesterday I started pole fitness.

I am excited to report back and tell you that I absolutely LOVE pole.  Even though it was my first class, and today I am super duper sore, I cannot wait to go again.  I was really lucky because I was literally the only person in the first class [AKA I got one-on-one time with the instructer for the entire hour I was there].  We started with jumping jacks and squats, did some pull pole ups, and learned all about how to keep the pole sticky, not slick; she had me spinning around the pole within the first ten minutes I was there.  I'd say we did about fifteen different spins and poses in that hour.  I couldn't even tell you the names of all the spins and poses we did; hopefully I get those down soon.  I was really excited about how well I climed up the pole, and how I didn't lose [all] my coordination in the years since dance.  I had to stop five minutes before the class was up because my toes would not stop cramping, most likely from all the pointing.  I hadn't done that in yearssss. 

I am so proud that I found the confidence to do this.  I am going to credit my boyfriend a lot on that one :)  I don't think he has ever seen me so excited about anything.  I'm sure you will be able to tell by my facial expressions in the video I'll post soon, how happy I was, even at the end of class with cramped toes and sore muscles.

I did learn that I have a fear of going sideways....nevermind upside down :/  I'll work on that.

Welp, I am hooked.

<3 Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Lauren

My photo
Wisconsin, United States
I created this blog to track my life. After graduating college with a B.S. in Food Science, I moved half way across the country for a job. Life has really changed since college, I'd say for the better. I have taken up some new hobbies and I'd like to bring you along on my journey as I learn and struggle through it all. Please feel free to contact me [everydaylaurenblog@gmail.com] with comments, jokes, pictures, really whatever you want to share with me. Enjoy!